Thursday, January 17, 2008

Letter To Cousin

Peter Burdych
157w 100n #1
Logan Utah ,84321

Dear, Troy
I am writing to see if you will have a position for me after I graduate from college. I will have a degree in public relations and some related work experience. I can see you now, shaking your head and thinking why would I need someone in public relations? You may have a great business going now, but I can make it better. I could give it a more solid structure.

I will be able to streamline a process of communication between you, your current clients, and potential clients. I will start by advertising on local radio stations, and developing a web site to keep your customers informed of changes, special rates, and anything else that needs to be addressed.

I will find other ways to build name recognition, and increase the overall pool of customers that you serve and will serve in the future.

The great thing about my degree is that I am trained to be a bridge between you and your public. I can approach media outlets to make sure that you are heard. I can also come to you and make sure your customers are being taken care of as well.

I hope this gives you a better idea of what I am working towards at school, and what I can bring to your insurance company.

Your Cousin,


Peter Burdych

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peter, I never really thought about it, but you are right pr people really do streamline communication between a company and the public...people will get the info eventually, why not have the info that does come out be the info you want released. Good letter, I also liked the point of view you used to create the letter.

Jackson & Celeste said...

Great letter. Sharp, distinct, and to the point. Did you mention anything about writing for PR? You clarified what you would do for a company, but how does writing tie in to that communication process. Good job, Pete.

Corey Sparks said...

Very well written. It would have been nice to know what business he has though. Great idea linking all of our blogs on yours.